After 5 horrific days of potty training we are stepping back for a couple weeks and starting up again at a later date. After many tears on both sides and a total lack of willingness on Pearson's part to even go NEAR the potty we've been advised to stop for a bit. It has been horrible and from what I can gather-it shouldn't be THIS hard when a toddler is truly ready. What sealed the deal? Pea saying, "I wanna be baby, wear diapers." haha...umm though I cried then I'm actually smiling now thinking it's a clear sign she's NOT ready. ugh-failure on first attempt hopefully round two will be just what the doctor ordered. I'll post again on this topic when we try again...
Thanks for all the comments and prayers! We continue to welcome them!!!
diy pecan pumpkin cold brew!!
2 years ago
7 comments:
So sorry for the tears and frustration over the last few days but I'm proud of you for taking a break and for stepping back and not forcing something to work. I'll be praying for you guys! Shake it off! This isn't a failure but more like a postponement.....:-)
Nice effort! It will happen! It will. Love you.
Just like everyone told me, don't sweat it, it will happen! Ava was nearly 3 before she finally grasped on to the concept, and actually said the exact same thing about wanting to be a baby and wear diapers! And there's Reese who loves to sit on the potty with her clothes on and tell me she's going potty, but that's about as far as we get with her! Hang in there!!
Thanks ladies!! I appreciate all the kind words! It is quite the process...but sort of helps to write about it!
Hey there. I'm not sure if you remember me, but we went to school at SPU together. I stumbled across your blog from Danielle's.
Anyhow, I just wanted to say that we just had our second child a week ago. Our older boy is 2 1/2. We seriously considered trying to get him potty trained before the baby was born, but I decided to wait until he was REALLY ready rather than push him. Now that the baby is here, I am SOOO glad we waited....I've decided that when you have another newborn in your arms, it is WAY easier to just change a diaper when you get a free minute than it would be to run a toddler to the bathroom whenever he needs it. All that to say, don't worry about it not working out. You gave it a valiant effort, and I'm sure she won't be in diapers by the time she's in school!
By the way, you have one beautiful family!
Jen (used to be Labbee) St. Hilaire
It will happen, just not now and don't worry, I don't know one kid who still wears a diaper to kindergarten. We didn't start potty training until after the kids were 3 :)
Thanks Christy! Thanks Jen! Yes, I know it will happen and seriously hearing everyone else's stories is comforting! :)
Post a Comment