Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Homeward Bound

This weekend the girls and I took a road trip down to Salem, OR where I grew up to see and stay with Aunty Em. It was sort of a special moment for me. Mostly because I've taken Pea down there before when she was a baby, but she was too little to show her the house where I grew up or the playgrounds I played in. This time she could understand and was really into it which made this mama feel really good. I loved taking her to my old stomping grounds; my favorite park and coffee place. Of course Harper came along too and that was pretty funny; she was along for the thrill of adventure and to see Em's kitty Talullah, whom they completely terrorized. She will need intensive therapy. For me, it was a sweet moment; to feel the ties that bind, the memories real and tangible. I have to do that again when they are even a few years older. Here are some pictures from our mini road trip...

2 comments:

Andrea said...

so fun!

Bex said...

YOUR GIRLS ARE SOOOOO CUTE.

HOORAY FOR SALEM. :-)