This boy turns 31 today. He didn't appreciate this picture. In fact he hates to get his picture taken. And that's annoying because I like to take his picture. A word picture will have to do...
I sure do love him. He continues to grow in self improvement both inside and out, takes criticism like no man I've met, and has the courage to diffuse fights and apologize first when I can't seem to be the bigger person. He's someone whom I respect a great deal. I get to call him my husband and I am grateful for that. I never want to take for granted him OR that word, "get." Because it's truth. When you live with one person you see all their "crazy" their hard moments, their struggles, their quirks, joy, and true love. He surely has all the former. But I suppose what's most impressive is the man he's become from the boy I dated 10 years ago. He makes me want to be a better girl (the official cutoff to self-referential "girl" is 30 so I still have 6 more months). I still have much to improve upon, working on some hard things right now. So for now, I'll let him be a source of inspiration to spur me on and if that isn't a good marriage I'm not sure I know what that means.
I love you, Tyler. Happy 31.
1 comment:
this is darling! so well said
Post a Comment