Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Elf

On Monday night, we went to sing Christmas carols with our bible study group at an Alzheimer's home in Covington. I cannot pass up describing this in print. It was funny, but also well worth it! There were a couple of residents who slept through the entire set, some who were SO into our tunes, and some who I'm sure were just passing the time until dinner was served. There was also one strange incident where I was concerned an elderly lady might be coming after Pearson, but nothing came of it so it turned out OK.

I made Pea wear her Elf costume from Halloween and though she was none too pleased with it, after seeing the looks on their faces when she greeted them, I am convinced it was the correct choice of attire! All of the older folks LOVED her. The event has really put me into the Holiday spirit and we'd love to do it again next year. Bonus: I'm also fairly certain the Elf costume will still fit...

P.S. I wanted to remember this date: Pea went PEE in the potty for the first time today!!! SUCCESS!!!

No comments: