Warning!
Treading into deep water. If you'd like to stay in the kiddy pool for a bit longer I understand; it can be nice! I just got pruney in there soaking for some years.
Lately I've been thinking about image. What we project, what others actually see in comparison to what we intend. I may regret this. In fact I'm sure I will, but I want to know my blind spots in order to refine myself (possibly in the fire if these revelations are painful!). I think I've started on this path, but without outside help I won't get the full picture. In this vein, I'm praying for more to be revealed. And if you'd like to tell me a blind spot; I am open to it even if it might hurt. I suppose in some ways this is an experiment and I think that's allowed. My hypothesis is that by opening myself up to this, not just myself but others will benefit? Maybe that's assuming more than my Mom and Dad read this blog...
I digress.
On masks since these bemusings discuss congruency...
The mask we wear can be put in place for a number of reasons; self-preservation, perfection, guilt, pride, the seven deadly.
You name it.
What we present to the outside world can vary so drastically from what is actually happening in our lives that it can be quite amusing. Or horrible depending on the circumstance.
Metaphorically, this mask is a glass case where our heart is kept. What we think is safe (fear), beyond reproach (perfection), and in some cases hidden (self-preservation) is not. Fragile, yes. But maybe more vulnerable than that.
Seen.
God sees. We are never hidden from Him, even if we are hidden from others, even others we love.
Things He knows about me that I now know to work on: generosity, discretion, and patience.
Back to the lab,
No comments:
Post a Comment