Who's really on the naughty list today?
And in the spirit of being trans(parent) I've decided to tell you all about one of them so you can feel better if you're having one of those days, which for some reason seems to be EVERY day this week.
Summer is getting of my last nerve.
On Tuesday evening I was changing Babe H's diaper when I was struck by a flash of broken white. What's this? No. Please say no; it can't be. oh, but yes! She had CHIPPED her other FRONT tooth. For those of you doing the math, that makes our current grand total: two. News Flash: you only get two! At which point, I just started laughing. The nervous "ha-ha's" were then followed promptly by tears when I realized for the SECOND time that I have no idea how or when it even happened. It's like the second shooter in the Kennedy assassination. All evidence points to one, but still, there's that tricky bullet trajectory you just can't explain. I mean, there's the chipped tooth, so what the heck??
I now have to traipse into the pediatric dentist for a SECOND time in as many months and explain to them why she has two chipped teeth and I'm apparently eating bon-bons during the duration of my children's awake time. Upon leaving the dentist office she picked out a prize; a beaded necklace that broke into a million pieces five minutes after we get into the car. I wish I were making this up, but she then shoved the beads into her mouth and started chewing on them with her newly sanded tooth. I pulled over, dumped the beads out of her car seat and prayed I wouldn't get a citation for littering which I totally did do.
On a lighter note, Babe H has discovered that her chipped teeth (I HATE that I just typed teeth) act as daggers which she wields to her liking whenever she doesn't get the toy she wants. 99 percent of the time these attacks are isolated to her interactions with Pea.
Yours reffing the ring,
1 comment:
Oh Chelsea...i feel your pain.
Post a Comment