Saturday, March 9, 2013

Confessions

It's that time again...
Please, please calm down. Don't embarrass yourself. You're better than that...
I do literally admit to a diaper wipe/dry shampoo event which masqueraded as an actual shower below. If nothing else you can feel better about yourself for actually taking care of personal hygiene:
-Last week my husband said I looked cross-eyed in my new specs. In his defense: he did say I would look cute if they were not in combination with my braces. Wah wah. Who's picturing Debbie Downer right now?
-Try as I might: I do not understand the Harlem Shake. I've googled it. You tubed it. Etc. And i still do not understand. Help me.
-The above officially makes me feel like 30 IS really going to happen in August. Ay Crumba...
-I'm ecstatic beyond words about Justin Timberlake returning to the world as I know it. This seƱorita has been waiting...
-As mentioned above: I lied to myself and said I "took a shower" when really I wiped down with available diaper wipes and dry shampooed my hair and called it A DAY. I actually attended two public events.
-Ty abhors the dry shampoo. Hates. It.
-Remember when I fixed two cuties (one of whom happens to be my sister) up? I said I'd update: Yeah, that's REALLY working:) I think I may be the new Patty Stanger. Only with less _____ (fill in the blank).
-When I see someone crack open a Diet Coke before 9 AM I kind of throw up in my mouth a bit. Before you say, "wait a hot second...I do that!" I have many a close "can't live with you" friend and family member who also consider a DC in a word: coffee. Uhhh. No judgment, seriously. It's just way more of an immediate and visceral reaction than traditional judgement.
-Tonight Brutus basically assaulted/pillaged my childhood teddy bear. I was going to fight for it, but I can't really look him in the face now. "Jane, you ignorant slut!" Anyone laughing? Just me? Ok.
Until next time (when I promise to take a real shower)!
Xoxo.


3 comments:

Holly said...

I deeply love you, Chelsea. Your version of a shower gives me permission do to things I never dreamed of. You should've seen how I looked when I dropped the boys off at school today. It was FRIGHT NIGHT fo shizzle. But it was okay. You told me so. I love that.

I also feel elated that JT is finally back. I've missed him so.

And I'm nearly 40. Which is the new 30. Which makes you the new 20. So you better figure out the Harlem shake. You've got no excuses.

chandler christine said...

guesses for patty stanger's missing word: boobs? botox?
i also don't understand the harlem shake and i'm 20.
and JT, man. so happy.

Tim said...

Which teddy bear did Brutus get?