On that topic Ty and I had a funny conversation about childhood last night that has me determined to search out a lighter attitude, find the humor, and pursue projects and relationships I'm passionate about. I feel the need to let all the other negative ish fall to the wayside. Speaking of: on a lighter note, per our conversation I found out that my brother-in-law Casey used to carry around a stop watch at all times in elementary school because he never knew when he would have to "time" something. I laughed fairly hard about this because if you know him, he is the perfect coach. I knew this one, but Ty used to research birds so if he spotted one he could tell whoever was in earshot exactly what species it was. This is also perfect because he pursues knowledge, researches everything, and likes to see the entire layout of something, anything first before diving in. My sister loves to bake; my guess is she likes the process of it and it's a way to show her love.
What does this tell us? There are hints, clues, holy spirit nudgings which let us know how God has uniquely created us. I plan to follow these clues...to pursue who I am and how I was made.
Buckle up. Game on. Come with me...
2 comments:
yes, chelsea, i'm totally on board with this. it's so easy to get caught up in the parts of life that weigh us down- especially as mothers and wives. i'm also trying to find more joy in my every day life and not be so consumed with LIFE. and really, once i slow down and look, it's so easy to find these things in my own life- right here in front of me. thanks for sharing this- it was a good reminder for me this morning! xo.
I am too. I encourage anyone who is reading this to find their chazown..hebrew for vision. find the book and devour it!!!
Post a Comment