On that note, I've almost hit my creative quota for the summer. I was inspired by my girl Kt from home and her chic pad. My girls in Oregon are the most creative set I know. Allison cans fruit and chicken stock and comes up with many a delish dish. While we're on this topic...go check out her ideas; she has promised to pen a post on what to do with a roast chicken after it's eaten. I'm waiting with baited breath.
Back to the light...I figured if Kt did it, I can too right? And listen, mine not be quite as good, but I think they were worth the 14 dollars I paid for them.
I scoured Goodwill to find two matching ones, which I miraculously did end up finding; they WERE brass in a previous life. Paid my 14 dollars and brought them home. (And this is the important part to Mr. B) I made darn sure they worked.
Then I cleaned them, primed them, and spray painted them sea foam green. New lampshades at IKEA and Behold!
What now, Martha Stewart? Don't be blue: it's a bad color on you.
but it looks pretty good on my nightstand table...
4 comments:
i like.
i love. the color is perfection. i need more of that color in my life.
Birky I am so excited and honored you made lamps inspired by mine. They look amazing. BTW, went to Z Gallery today and they had a lamp that looks exactly like ours selling for $140, WHAT!?!
Katie
Oh, girl! Those shades are darling! AND, I will be posting about all that chicken-y goodness soon... keep looking :)
Post a Comment