This is the last time I saw my Grandma Bev. It was November of 2009 and I brought my firstborn to meet her. She lived in Michigan; a far cry from Seattle.
It was only lunch, but now it means more to me.
While we were in Maui, she passed away on June 24th. She'd been sick for a couple months and in hospice for a couple days prior, but still. It never feels like the right time.
If we're being honest I've been putting this off, because I couldn't really find the words. But then I thought: that's what my little short story has been and maybe why I've had writer's block. Now everytime I add to it, it's another way to pass on, another way to remember.
I wish I would have known it was the very last goodbye. I'm thankful for the memory of her well, whole, and sassy. We love you Grandma Bev and happy you're finally home...
1 comment:
i love this. esp the sassy part :)
Post a Comment