Thursday, December 8, 2011

Confessions (again).

Every couple of months or so I'll post my confessions; they are trite and menial, but it feels good to get them out.
-I don't trust mirrors. OR bathroom lighting. So occasionally, I'll take a picture of myself in sunlight to check my make up. In case you're checking, that's JUST this side of a complex.
-I only make serious faces in the aforementioned pictures. Why? I couldn't tell you.
Oh, wait. I can. It's because:
-I only wear make up once a week, maybe twice. Every single time I apply it I'm convinced my skills have rusted over with disuse.
And I'm checking the line of my eye brows. But I already covered this in our last confession session.
-I ate a piece of peppermint bark that fell into the bathtub I was taking a bath IN.
-I get nervous to wrap presents this time of year.
-I have been crying at the Biggest Loser. Nothing short of being joyful for people who shed shame and discover themselves in the process. It's still magic.
-Sometimes I think my husband loads the dishwasher like a mentally challenged person. (I'll take this moment to note that in every other domestic area he's pretty much a rock star and also I just ate something from my own bathwater: so maybe I shouldn't cast stones from inside my own personal glass house).
-While my husband is gone on an upcoming business trip I plan to make myself these pot stickers which are laced with garlic every night. I have the Costco bag.
-I am LOVING writing right now.
The End.

5 comments:

Andrea said...

I laughed right out loud at peppermint bark in the bathtub and the mentally challenged person.

Holly said...

Hahahhahaah! You ate candy out of your bathwater...I love it. (And would totally do the same. One can't waste a good sweet.)

Andrea said...

LOL! You hit the nail on the head with the loading of the dishwasher bit! What is THAT all about!?

Andrea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andrea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.