Thursday, February 23, 2012

The old college try

Honestly, we have been trying to venture up to visit Aunt Chandler at SPU for a month now; we've just been too busy or sick or busted to get our act together. The last time we came to see her was so fun and such a perfectly beautiful day I didn't imagine we would get a repeat in February, but we did. Andi and her girls came to visit Chani too and see her "department" at college. Hilarious. When we walked in to her dorm, we immediately felt old for two reasons...the first thing we see is a poster on an event to, "Celebrate the Nineties." Excuse me, didn't they just happen? Oh, wait. Chandler's "90's" are my "80's." Realization: Time is marching on and fast. Secondly, there was a row of telephone booths constructed in the dorm for something, I'm not sure what. Then Andi had to EXPLAIN what a phone booth was to Kyla since they know nothing of their function. They didn't get it. I'm not sure I did either. Then we got to go to lunch on Queen Anne...such a fun and sobering day...

No comments: