This pretty much says it all. I found this heart carved into the cobble stone street in Lucca. It was perfect. It was tutta bella. Friends, this trip was amazing, so much so that I can barely put into words what we experienced. But I'll try. For the most part it's opened my eyes, inspired my thought process (and fashion...), and given me enough visual stimulation to last the whole of this lifetime. The food was unbelievable, so much so I'm literally praying to zip up my sans lycra jeans this weekend, but oh was it worth it. Every bite. Every second.We flew to Paris, where we had a short layover and got to see some of the most important sites. It was too short. We must return. Ty was ALL about it. Honestly, it was overwhelming...






On to Italy. I'll tell you: Italians don't mess around. They get to the point: rich food, fashion that's fierce and crisp, and architectural beauty as far as the eye can see. We started our trip in Florence where we stayed at Hotel Lungarno owned by Ferragamo (the designer). While there, we were able to visit the Uffizi Museum which holds the world's largest collection of Renaissance art. We also hiked the Duomo (it was quite the climb) and split up to see the sites. We came, we shopped, we ate...
Then we hopped in a van and Tyler drove through Florence during a marathon (a funny memory) and then off to tour Tuscany. It was, in a word; amazing. First, we went through Siena, then San Gimignano where we stayed the first night, and finally Lucca. I got a little car sick, but there were sites to be seen and wine to drink!











Then we were on the train to Milan for Euro Cucine (the European kitchen show, which was the reason for our trip). I was completely overwhelmed here. There is so much fashion and inspiration that my head was spinning. It was all I could do not to stare at women walking by. I just started looking at the way they put together outfits; mesmerized by their fabulous boots, and gaping open mouthed at their style. It's another way the Italians don't mess around. You'd never be caught dead in sweat pants. I learned a valuable lesson here. Never put yourself out to pasture. It's a priceless lesson really, but one I might not have grabbed a hold of so absolutely if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes. It does not matter if you're a mom, older, have a gigantic scare, whatever. Own it, dress it, and be confident.P.S. Look for red rimmed glasses come fall. We walked through the streets, through the Galleria (THE original mall, but to call it that is sort of sacrilegious), and took it all in. Then we took a cab back to our hotel. I must warn you of two things: if you want to commit suicide then by all means just misstep off the side walk anywhere in Florence or Milan and if you desire to be a cabby there: you MUST be in fashion and have nerves of steel.










And so ends this amazing trip. Back to life, back to reality. Did I get the tune into your head? I'm jet lagged and 5 pounds heavier, but happy oh so happy to have had this experience. And thankful for this new perspective and to in-laws who've afforded us this opportunity. Here's to the spark of adventure. To travel and seeing this world from a different vantage point.Grazie!
1 comment:
Sounds amazing, thanks for the sharing! Love all the pictures, I am so jealous:)
Post a Comment