Also known as the last day of school round these parts. Where we live you get to find out your teacher for that next year (in our case 1st grade!) on the last day of school. You get to meet him or her and meet those classmates you might soon be calling friends. It's all very exciting. AND nerve wracking. We made the decision to place Pea in looping should she get accepted. Looping is where you have the same teacher and class for 1st and 2nd grade. She takes a bit longer to warm up to new faces and so we thought it would be beneficial for her to have more time with the same people so as to develop her friendships etc. Ty did looping as a kid and his mom loved it. In case you haven't noticed Pea and her Daddy are just a little alike. I am putting my faith in it being the best for her and really excited to see what this will bring. I can't believe this kindergarten year is over. It's been quite the year with learning, new friends, field trips, watching chicks hatch, performances, and science experiments. I've loved watching her grow. For us, by far, the biggest challenge has been change and Pea's innate shyness, which I have a hard time understanding, let alone parenting! If you know me, you know I don't have a hard time talking with new people or walking into a room of strangers. In fact I enjoy it. My oldest love does NOT. And as I tell myself repeatedly: that's ok. That's her and we're different. I am just praying and asking for wisdom and trusting because that's really all we can do as moms. She's making strides every week and this summer will be time to relax! Here's Pea on the first day of Kindergarten and below the last! sidenote: she picked her own outfit, which I hated, but it was important to her so there you have it:) Such a growing girl...
diy pecan pumpkin cold brew!!
2 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment