Ahhh being a dog owner. There are some ups. Constant nighttime cuddles, a family pet, a memory for the girls. Pearson especially adores him. I'll admit. He's pretty darn handsome. For a ginger.
And there are downs. Chewing up barbie shoes, people shoes, and: new outdoor furniture. Nice, beautiful, paid for from my garage sale money outdoor furniture. I cried. Just a little and I tried not to, but I did. I also lost my cool in front of Pea and told her that Brutus might need to go on a long term vacation to which SHE cried even though I was only half joking and I felt even worse. For some reason he chewed through and on four chairs and a table. Two days after I got it. He is SO aptly named: Brutus. You seem like my best pal and then you stab me in the back. Welp. The hubs was not happy. I think he felt bad for me and so...
He made me this beauty. It's a pallet from work stained gray. I love it more than anything else I could have bought, because it's unique made with love. I told the girls right before I took that first picture of their dad making something for their mom: this is what love looks like, marry someone like that. Like him. Also, on an even MORE serious note: I'll have you know I bought METAL chairs and we've since changed the legs, but it's like my favorite thing right now. Or ever.
I do things like paint my nails, get some color, drink coffee, and watch The Dick Van Dyke Show simultaneously at it. I love it and I love you, Mr. B.
diy pecan pumpkin cold brew!!
2 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment