Last week we ventured up to our favorite City on one of the most gorgeous days I've seen there in forever. We stopped by Kerry Park to swoon over the view, then on to Chandler's fashion show at SPU where she displayed some of her work from her major, and then headed over dinner and ice cream at Molly Moon's. Delish. I was struck by how much I love Seattle. I had many a transcendent thought racing through my head that evening, which basically added up to a lyric from a Macklemore song. I love Seattle. Like really. And just like Dorothy dreaming of the Emerald City in the Wizard of Oz, I used to dream of it too when I was young. But really unlike Dorothy my dreams were never dashed. The Emerald City of my hopes rose up to meet me and now on a sunny day; there's no place on earth to match it. However I do think any city where you fall in love, or find yourself, or grow up will always be a piece of your story. Like I said on my Instagram picture: Seattle was my diving board into a life I love and it will always be beautiful to me. I hope my girls feel its beauty too...
diy pecan pumpkin cold brew!!
2 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment