Friday, September 25, 2009

Looking for a Heartbeat...

Not the Miami Vice/Don Johnson misty anthem; an actual heartbeat from my budding baby! I'm 11 weeks tomorrow and just returned from my second doctor appointment today. (side note: Love my new doctor-she's absolutely great so far!)
Doppler on....listening for Ba-bum, Ba-bum. Nothing...waiting...still nothing, freaking out slash praying and then said great doc wheeled in the ultrasound machine! Some might perceive this as a bad sign, but I've learned to love these things having had four ultrasounds with miss Pea. They are the best reassurances! Hallelujah...there is little Bell! Heartbeat is seen! Sight is sometimes better than sound; in this case especially.
He/she is measuring out at exactly 11 weeks as predicted. Apparently, this little one (very similar to Pearson again) is very active already and even sort of waved at us. Hopefully, that means he or she has a sense of humor too. "Mom, do not embarrass me, I'm here!"
Introducing baby bell #2 at 11 weeks:

No comments: