Last night was Joe and Taryn's BBQ/Fire Pit Food and Drink Extravaganza. That's not the real name, but that's the best way to describe their annual summer event. Lucky for us: it's three doors down the street! Joe (and Taryn) are amazing cooks and really, it's some of the best food you'll have all year. Alongside his famous margarita purees (which included pear, jalapeno, strawberry, rhubarb, & pineapple!) were some tip-top guac and salsa mixtures, yummy meats, and this TO DIE FOR dill/ranch sauce. I might have committed a crime for that sauce. Lock me up (as long as you leave the sauce in my cell).
This year Joe had a new weapon in his arsenal (I'll be using these war idioms from time to time as Joe was literally wearing a shirt that said G.I. Joe and army shorts last night): The Green Egg. A smoker, a friend, and great way to cook Lombardo delicacies. Why this man does not open a restaurant is beyond my comprehension. Another secret weapon? A comrade in arms and sous-chef: our pal Marc who helped him craft these treats since noon that day! Oh, did I mention the s'mores with Reese's peanut butter cups? As Taryn said, they were "the bomb." (another war reference, nice!) So here's to you Joe and Taryn: We heart you and Happy Anniversary!
The Hosts:
The Egg:
The Goods:
The Good Times:
No comments:
Post a Comment