Sunday, August 8, 2010

Showered With LOVE

Last night we went to Kat and Tay's adult CO-ED baby shower and let me tell you: it was a darn good time. Honestly, that's the way these things should run from now on. Men at a baby shower equals hours of endless entertainment. First off, they have no idea what anything is used for. And by no idea, I mean no idea. They shift uncomfortably in their seats the moment "ooohs, and ahhs" are uttered, and generally try to make jokes the entire time to offset their terror at having to be involved in any way shape or form. I cannot tell you how awesome it was to see our friend Tay opening all the gifts realizing moment by moment that life as he knows it is about to change. Being on the other side of having babies, Ty and I felt like old pros. And when asked for advice, Ty's short answer was and I quote, "Just pretend like you're asleep." Nice. (p.s. Ty, I'm on to that trick. Get a new one.)
That being said, our good friend Naomi was in town and we got to see many of our college friends which was pure joy. We love you Kat and Tay and we can NOT wait to meet your new addition! (I, for one, am chomping at the bit to know the sex...6 weeks!)





Have you seen a cuter prenant lady lately?

2 comments:

Bex said...

SO fun. i love that you guys have all stayed good friends through the years!

Kelley Irish said...

I love the pics!! Thanks for sharing chels!