Harper spoke her first word last night...
Ty walked in from work and she just smiled and said "dada." Thinking we were hearing things we asked her to say it again and she did. Our high praise then overwhelmed her and she turned bright red and started crying. It was a funny moment, but a sweet one!
Until...
I realized.
"Dada."
In point of fact, the same exact first word as our first born. And although that's special, it leaves me a tad miffed. That's right, ignore the poor sap who feeds you, changes you, plays with you for 12 plus hours a day. What's a girl got to do to get some appreciation from a baby around here? Oh, I remember. Wait for that baby to grow up and make you a Grandma. That said, my girls absolutely love their daddy and for good reason!
Still, Babe H your babyhood is flying by so no matter the real or imagined connotations of your first word I'm celebrating your accomplishment! Go Harper.
Xoxo.
diy pecan pumpkin cold brew!!
2 years ago
2 comments:
i feel you pain, my friend.
everett says dada so sweetly.
i only get mama when he's tired, hungry, or generally pissed. and it's not a nice sweet mama. it's a loud, MA MA MA MA MA!
sigh.
Just so you know...I think its a fact that the Da sound is easier to say than the Ma sound. That's why most babies say that first. Heidi's first words were also Dada....Kyla's were No No No!
Post a Comment