Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Another Random Tuesday Thoughts

Hello! I have been MIA from writing recently and frankly it's time to end the silent treatment.
And so...
As I type I am enjoying a delicious moment of silence and some chai tea; the powder kind. Don't get me started on the vast difference between this and the liquid version. It's a divide so deep and wide that cannot be crossed.
My house is a complete disaster. I am currently blaming it on the fact that I was out of town last weekend. Laundry, crumbs ground into the fibers of the carpet, and a mess in the playroom that is unprecedented. I think at this moment I'd rather blog.
These past two weeks I have been making the same dim-witted mistakes in raising a baby as I did the first go-round. Example? Using my bath tub as make-shift play pen whilst doing my make-up. Of course, Harper would find the lever of the tub and soak herself RIGHT before we need to go somewhere. How many times did it take me to realize this with Pea. Count 'em: three times. History repeating itself has swayed me towards the conviction that having a another child does not make you an expert, it simply gives you that much more practice. Here's hoping practice makes perfect;)
Lately, everyone we know is having a baby or had one in the past month. The majority boys, except for my sweet niece Molly. I am already scouting husbands for Babe H. I think she's pledged to three boys already. side note: we need to do something with her hair or that might become a problem...
Pearson is one smart cookie. I told her that last week and she said, "No. I'm one smart MUFFIN, Momi." Perfect example of why she's so so fantastic. Currently her favorite thing to say to Tyler is, "No jokes, Dad." We still don't know what the really means, but she seems to be clear on its intended warning.
Ty is participating in the crossfit games starting this month. They are TNT (dynamite) and slightly obsessed over at our gym. He has been training for a while and I'll post with results from his qualifying rounds.
I really, and I mean REALLY need to read my bible right now. I am feeling depleted spiritually and sort of distracted by the smallest things like Alice in Wonderland as she's free falling towards a land of her imagination only to be accidentally saved by her blooming skirt. No thank you, I'd rather live in the knowledge of purposeful and true salvation. Mostly I'm writing this down as an accountability measure. Please feel free to ask me if I have been when you see me or text me to "hit the good book." I'd truly appreciate it.
Yours in the rabbit hole,

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. Everett had better be on that short list for H's husband.

2. My house is in semi-disaster state as well, but here I sit, typing away.

3. Bathtub as playpen is genius! I'm going to try it. I don't think Ev can turn on our old-skool faucets. Well... maybe he can...

4. Love the little pics of the girls in the sidebar -- P looks like a KID.

Chelsea Bell said...

1. Ev is top three, no doubt.
2. We are awesome. And in desperate need of cleaning services.
3. Let me know if it works for you!
4. I know! sniff, sniff, tear.

Sara said...

I am SO with you on the powder chai tea. The alternative is NASTY and WRONG!!! Also, I have a couple husband options for Pea. :) Or is she already betrothed?

Chelsea Bell said...

Sara! Pea is taking names! ;)...composing her short list now!