I'm back.
Literally and figuratively.
This week I did a facebook, texting, and blogging fast in order to clear a space for God in my hectic head. In some manner of speaking it was the change itself that created a pace of life which was softer, quieter, and more focused.
Weirdly the texting was hardest, because I'm not a chain-texter. However it's apparently a large part of my scheduling. Who knew?
To discover that I did not really miss fb and blogging that much was a blessing and still; I genuinely like and look forward to the connection I have made through these small bits of technology. I also missed the writing. A lot. I'd love to report to you that I heard God clearly through the lack of noise because so many times He speaks in a whisper. But more than hear Him, I think I realized that my kids like more of my attention and I truly like to hear myself think. The greater lesson for me was to clear time and space for what He advocates most: relationship. And surprisingly not only with my girls, with God, but with myself.
Not the outcome I expected and not to bury the irony in philosophy speak, but I have been unintentionally drowning out my own voice. Realizing it is fairly easy to do so.
The less you hear yourself, the more you begin to see yourself as one of the unwashed masses. And this is not something I ever want. Certainly it's not how Christ sees me; He sees me as how he made me: human, but unique.
It's a definite possibility I will do this again, almost a certainty. But for now I'm back.
Literally and figuratively.
diy pecan pumpkin cold brew!!
2 years ago
2 comments:
I've been doing a facebook fast too! It's so funny how little things can really distract us from hearing God's small, still voice. Definitely a great thing to do! Welcome back :)
I agree totally Morgan! :) see you saturday!
Post a Comment