Thursday, June 30, 2011

Hawaii Two Ways

Did you miss me?
Hawaii was amazing and heart rendering all at once. We spent some quality time with family and had some wonderful food; memories to last a lifetime. During this trip, however, my Grandma Bev passed away the second day we were there and for my mom who was with us it was rough. Life is precious and her passing only made me appreciate the small moments on this trip even more. A memory post to follow on my late Grandma, but for now I'll fill you in on Hawaii Bell-Birky-Jones clan vaca 2011.
It started with a 6 hour plane ride, a 14 month old, and a mountain of snacks. After generally bribing, praying, and pleading with Harper to cooperate I got her to sleep for about an hour, but after that it was game-on. I lost.
Touching down in Maui I was never so glad to see my parents and in-laws! We spent most days swimming and lounging by the pool and ocean where Pearson showed off her new swim skills. The big girls probably swam 4-6 hours a day and were mostly exhausted by nightfall! After they went to bed, we would go out or play ipad monopoly or talk. I loved every minute even the hard ones. There were some meltdowns, no doubt, but my favorite memories include all 16 of us together:
The Magic Show.
Fishy crackers and sun screen.
Running Races & Simon Says.
The shark picture.
Matching.
Sitting together at sunset.
The Hula Girl show...
Our Hula girls.
Folks, I did not take one single picture of my own. So to metaphorically show the dual perspective I had of of this special vacation. I'll do two posts of pictures. This first one is from Ty and the second will be from Andi...















Now Andi's...














1 comment:

Andrea said...

nice photog work tyler bell! :)