Saturday, June 11, 2011

Tips & Tricks

Lately I've been thinking about some of my beauty tips and tricks. Listen, I know I'm no California dime, but I think some of this might be fun for my girls to read later in life. Here are some of my go-to's!
-Eyebrows: Always best to error on the side of thicker, too thin = a rounder face. Also...keep it tight. Trim. Brush up, cut hair in the opposite direction.
-Blemishes: ALWAYS repeat always use neosporin to heal them. It's key, really. They'll be a thousand times better by morning.
-Always get the earrings you're drawn to. The cheaper the better. Just coat them in neosporin when you wear them.
I use a lot of neosporin.
Get the Costco tube, no joke.
I always say: Never be tacky, but if you're going to be gaudy then do it with a pair of earrings, not an article of clothing. You can take that one to the bank.
I'm kind of a do-it-yourselfer when it comes to nails and hair. Firstly, I love it. I think it's one of the only areas that I am truly a perfectionist in thus the old adage applies: If you want something done right; do it yourself. However, I take that to mean: If you want something done the way you envision it, do it yourself since professionals are amazing, but they aren't mind readers. So, in the spirit of DIY:
-If you're going to buy hair dye and DIY-go to a beauty supply place and buy two colors to mix together; it always looks like someone else did it then...
And I say this as a word of warning: only do the former if you're going for an overall color; leave the highlights to professionals. There's nothing worse than an amateur DIY highlight (she shutters as she types).
-DIY french mani-pedi. This is a fun one experiment with. Three words: blue painters tape.
What? You're technically painting. Rip off a piece tape on nail, paint white. Pull off said tape, paint clear over it. Whalaa! Fool proof.
Lastly, my best tip of all:
Have no fear because you only live once.
Yours in curlers clutching a GIGANTIC tube of neosporin,

No comments: